Overdrive for Windows Phone 8
You can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles from Allen Public Library on your Windows Phone 8.
Set up the OverDrive app
- Install the OverDrive app from the Windows Phone store.
- Open the OverDrive app and swipe to the "get books" screen.
- Tap a library from your list to open its OverDrive website. If your list is empty, or you want to add a new library, tap find a library and follow the prompts.
Borrow and enjoy
- On your library's OverDrive website, find an available title and tap Borrow. Or, tap the title's jacket to open its details page (where you can read a description, borrow the title, and more). You will need to sign in to complete checkout. Use the 14-digit number on the back of your library card (no spaces) to sign in. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of the phone number you used to sign up for your card. Note: You do not need to create an account with OverDrive. Your library card number and pin are all you need.
- If you borrow a title from its details page, the Borrow button will change to show options for how to enjoy the title on your device. This could be adding the title to the OverDrive app or opening it in your browser.
- Select to go to your Loans page and see all of your options for borrowed titles. From there, you can:
- Tap Add to app to add an eBook to your bookshelf in the OverDrive app. If the eBook comes in multiple downloadable formats, tap Choose a format, then select EPUB eBook to add it to the OverDrive app. If this is your first time downloading an eBook, you may need to authorize OverDrive for Windows Phone using an Adobe ID.
- Tap Add to app to add an audiobook to your bookshelf in the OverDrive app.
- Web browser only (not in the app): Tap Choose a format, then Kindle Book to go to Amazon's website, complete checkout, and send the book to your Kindle or Kindle reading app.
- Web browser only (not in the app): Tap Read now to open an eBook in a new tab in your browser, without downloading it to the OverDrive app.
- If you downloaded an EPUB eBook or MP3 audiobook, tap ok, then ok again to open your app bookshelf. From there, tap a title to begin reading or listening.