General Adult Volunteers (18+)
One-time, seasonal and long-term volunteer opportunities are available at many of our facilities, programs and events throughout the year.
Steps to get started
- STEP 1: Complete the online Adult Volunteer application
- STEP 2: Complete requested next steps and additional documentation
- STEP 3: Watch your inbox for an approval email
Sites and potential duties
- Age 18+ years (people ages 13-17 should visit our Youth Volunteer page)
- Not attempting to complete court-ordered hours. (If you're seeking court-ordered service hours, you should begin by completing a Court Appointed Worker application.)
- Must have internet access for scheduling and a cell phone that can receive text message shift updates
- Must consent to a background screening, if selected
- Scheduling: If approved, you are responsible for using the Volunteer Portal to sign up for shifts. Exceptions are made at the discretion of each site's Volunteer Liaison.
- Identification: Be prepared to present government issued photo ID upon check-in. Depending on your volunteer role, you may be required to wear a badge, shirt or other apparel to denote that you are a volunteer.
- Electronic devices: Visible use of phones or electronic devices is discouraged in public-facing areas. Please notify your Volunteer Liaison if you need a break to use your phone.
- Attire: Clothing and footwear are at the discretion of each site's Volunteer Liaison. If you have any questions about what to wear, please contact your Volunteer Liaison or the Volunteer & Training Coordinator.